Wanted: financial manager
VBJK is all about innovation in the early years. It is committed to childcare for babies and toddlers, pre-school education, out-of-school care and preventive family support. We support and strengthen professionals in these organizations, so that they can offer educational quality in their work with children and families every day. We do this through a wide variety of projects and at different levels: from guidance programs and pioneering work to research and policy preparation work.
VBJK is looking for a new colleague who, in close cooperation with the coordinator and the executive board, will shape the organisation's financial policy and steer the financial and administrative projects in the right direction.
Are you a driven person with strong analytical skills and do you enjoy working with figures? Do you enjoy working together in a small, passionate team and do you succeed in keeping an overview in complex cases? Then this function is made for you, beyond doubt!
What’s the job of a financial manager?
- You contribute to the further development of the organization. Your financial expertise helps the organization to make informed strategic decisions.
- You take on the role of financial adviser who monitors the financial health of the organization. You are responsible for analysis, financial planning, figure reporting and financial optimizations.
- You think ahead and advise on project investments, subsidy files, ... while always keeping an eye on opportunities.
- You contribute to the elaboration of subsidy files and ensure that they meet the administrative and financial requirements of the contracting authority.
- You are responsible for meticulous financial and administrative follow-up of the projects. A few examples: following up project budgets in close consultation with the employees involved; collecting supporting documents (e.g. personnel data, tax forms, contracts, receipts and invoices) of the expenditure linked to the projects with the various internal and external parties involved; preparation of financial reports; ...
- You act as contact person for VBJK regarding the financial and administrative follow-up of the project.
- You occasionally make business trips to meet other participating project partners.
- You occasionally put your shoulders to the organization of (inter) national events.
Who is our person of choice for this position?
- Someone with a bachelor's degree, preferably in a business economics, financial or management direction (or equivalent through experience).
- Someone with demonstrable and thorough knowledge and understanding of financial policy, accounting legislation and non-profit law.
- Someone with excellent analytical skills who works methodically and accurately.
- Someone who is proactive and results-oriented.
- An autonomous initiator who also functions optimally in a team context.
- A good communicator and excellent organizer.
- Someone for whom Excel and other MS Office applications have no secrets.
- Someone with a good knowledge of Dutch and English (also written). Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Someone with at least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Someone with experience with European project grants has an advantage.
- Someone who would like to contribute to the VBJK mission and who is interested in the world of young children.
VBJK wants to represent the society for which it is committed as good as possible. Candidates are therefore selected on the basis of their familiarity and skills, regardless of gender, origin or disability.
What do you get for all this?
- You end up in a close-knit team of enthusiastic colleagues in a great context.
- Your workplace, just outside the center of Ghent, is easily accessible by public transport (fully reimbursed). If you come by bicycle, you will receive a bicycle allowance.
- A place where you are challenged to learn, but also have every opportunity to grow.
- A part-time contract (60%) of indefinite duration.
- Payment according to schedule PC 329.01 - B1b (including holiday pay and end-of-year bonus). Relevant seniority will be charged.
- 20 statutory vacation days (for a full-time employee) + collective closure during ‘Gentse Feesten’ and between Christmas and New Year.
Enthusiastic and curious about more information?
Send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to Sandra Van der Mespel, Coordinator VBJK, via firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention in the subject "Interview with financial manager". You can apply until Friday, September 27, 2019. If you can convince us, you will be invited for an introductory interview that will take place on Monday afternoon, 7 October or Tuesday afternoon, 8 October.