EDUCAS | Creating child and family friendly learning spaces in ECEC centres
How do you create ECEC environments that support children’s development in a holistic way, taking into account the diverse needs of children and families, with special attention to the ones at risk of social exclusion. That is the aim of the EDUCAS project Creating child and family friendly learning spaces in ECEC centres. This is an Erasmus+ project (K2).
- VBJK Center for Innovation in the Early Years (Belgium, coordinator)
- UNIPR Department of Humanities, Social Sciences and Cultural Industries of the University of Parma (Italy)
- UIC Center for Innovative Education (Lithuania)
- ISSA (International Step by Step Association)
And 2 ECEC centers in each country:
- Belgium: De Tandem and Hippo’s Hof
- Italy: Pro.Ges (Maria Vittoria and Gelsomino)
- Lithuania: Vaikystes Sodas and Aukštelkės mokykla-daugiafunkcis centras
After a first research phase, all partners will create a local CPD (continuous professional development) path in their contexts with the staff of the 2 ECEC centers involved in the project, with the aim of improving the organization of spaces and materials within an educare approach, through group reflection on practice. The methods and experiences of the project will be used to realize a Training Kit and Recommendations for policy and practice at local and EU level.
Here you can read 'The meanings of spaces in ECEC centres: a literature review'.
WONDER AND BEAUTY | Connecting ECEC spaces and educare
Educas Toolbox aims to support coordinators, coaches, trainers, professionals that seek to stimulate professional development paths with ECEC staff with the aim to create child and friendly learning spaces in ECEC centres.
The Toolbox includes pedagogical approaches, methods and tools used during the EDUCAS project to support professionals in improving ECEC environments with an educare approach.
Download the Educas toolbox: Wonder and Beauty
Visit the project page.
Do you want more information? Please contact Nima.