Children in Europe
Twice a year the board of editors – different experts from several European countries - meet to exchange ideas and content for Children in Europe. As long as the magazine was distributed, VBJK was part of this editorial board and looked after the Dutch version of the magazine: Kinderen in Europa.
European magazine for ECEC
Children in Europe was published twice a year and is available in different languages. The Dutch version was coproduced by VBJK and CCI. Every issue focussed on a main theme. In the issue on ‘time’ for example, you can read articles on respecting a child’s own rhythm, on how to plan a day, on how children experience time differently than adults…
Unfortunately, by lack of funding it is no longer possible to publish Children in Europe.
10 policy papers
The last issue was a special one, combining 10 principles on ECEC policy.
- Acces | An entitlement for all children
- Affordability | A free service
- Pedagogical approach | Holistic and multiple purpose
- Participation | An essential value
- Coherence | A framework to support a common approach
- Diversity and choice | Conditions for democracy
- Evaluation | Participatory, democratic and transparent
- Valuing the work | A 0-6 profession and parity with school teachers
- Services for young children and compulsory school | A strong and equal partnership
- Cross-national partnership | Learning with other countries
Two papers have also been published in French:
- Principe 1 L’accès. Un droit pour tous les enfants
- Principe 7 L'évaluation participative, démocratique et transparente
The Dutch version was always a coproduction with Childcare International (CCI).